Gallery

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Down by the river side...



I've not done much in the way of photography over the past few months, as this blog will testify. Similar, I guess, to writers block, I simply haven't had the creative itch to get out there with my camera. I've been through this sort of thing before, and know from experience that given enough time it does pass. The trouble is you don't know how long it will last.

So out of the blue, this afternoon, I decided to pack my bag and get out there to see what summer has to offer. Not my favourite time of year for shooting, but good images can be found if I put the effort in. It is very warm in parts of the UK at the moment, and the inside temperature touched 27º C today, so I thought a trip to the local river would suit me both subject and temperature wise.

There is usually something of interest along the river bank at any time of year, and although the rough open ground near the water's edge is a riot of summer-flower colour at the moment, I choose the poppies for a subject.



300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/2000 second at f/5.6. ISO 400. Monopod



© 2014


No comments: