Gallery

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Paddle steamers and pastel shades...



In stark contrast to yesterday's post I thought a bit of colour would perk up what is technically the last two days of summer. After several unsuccessful days of chasing PS Waverley - the last seagoing paddle steamer in the world - in order to get some good shots, I finally nail one this evening.

Up to now my efforts have been thwarted by cancellations due to poor sailing weather, or the light and location have worked against me. I did try shooting from the same spot for the mid-day sailing from Bournemouth pier today, but the brutal light that came with it produced nothing but a harsh set of pictures. This time the soft pastel tones of the warm evening light and the calm sea delivered the goods.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/200 second at f/5.6. ISO 200



© 2014

No comments: