Gallery

Friday, November 21, 2014

75 miles to France...



I have often photographed a local pier, either from on it - or alongside - but rarely from underneath, so today I made some attempt to redress the balance. To be truthful I have tried from this angle before - the images never being successful - but since I was out shooting with long shutter speeds again I thought it worth the effort. I like the way that the structure is completely isolated from its surroundings, blurred by the long exposure, while the black and white rendition makes the eye concentrate on shape and form.

Drawing a line from this view directly out under the pier and over the horizon, it is 75 miles to France; Cherbourg, to be precise.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 180 seconds at f/16. ISO 200. 10 stop ND filter. Tripod and remote release.



© 2014

No comments: