Gallery

Monday, November 24, 2014

And at the other end of the day...



Determined to make amends for yesterday's loss I am - for the second time in a matter of hours - back on the beach. With roughly 8½ hours of sunlight at this time of year I don't have to wait too long between shoots to get the best light. I mentioned the golden hour in yesterday's post: that hour after sunrise or before sunset, where photographers and artists alike take advantage of a low sun, but for the next few months that "hour" can be all day.

It is late afternoon, and low tide coincides with the sunset. The fact that it is during the working week is a blessing as it means I have the beach virtually to myself.



12-24mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor.  1/125 second at f/11. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320



© 2014

No comments: