Gallery

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

It takes two



The second day with the lowest tide of the month, and it almost coincides with sunset. However, it's not until after both events have occurred that I start to make photographs. Experience tells me that the high, thin cloud to the West on the satellite weather map will produce an afterglow, so really I just need me a focal point.

A woman playing with her dog on the surf line had the most potential, but neither move into a position to be big enough in the picture to count. Then out of nowhere a couple stroll into the frame, and I know I have the shot.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/30 second at f/5.6. Matrix metering. Lee 0.9 grey grad. Tripod and remote release. ISO 160



© 2016

1 comment:

Dane Gardner said...

Great composition and light.