Gallery

Friday, October 20, 2017

Bracken and black velvet



Another 'weather bomb' is forecast to roll in off the Atlantic in the next day or two, so taking advantage of a fine autumn morning I set off into the park for some photography. I take all the usual shots; fallen leaves in dappled sunshine, on trees, in puddles, but it's when I open the files on my screen that it strikes me it would have been better if I had got in closer.

I go out again, foraging for anything showing decay that I can take home and photograph, and it's this bracken fern that ends up as my subject. I'm using a macro lens to get in close, and the light from a window as illumination. A piece of black velvet serves as the background.


105mm f/2.8 Sigma macro lens. 3 seconds at f/14. Matrix metering - 0.67 EV compensation. Tripod and remote release. Mirror lockup. ISO 100



© 2017

No comments: