Gallery

Friday, December 29, 2017

Check the bag



I have an hour or so this afternoon to take some photographs, and since the weather is constantly changing, I head to the beach. The idea is to take some images using long exposures, but I am three quarters of the way to my chosen location when it suddenly occurs to me that my 10x ND filter - vital for what I have in mind - is in a different camera bag to the one I'm using.

Buffoon!

No point in going home to collect it, I conclude, as the light will have changed by the time I get back, and I may miss the best of it. Besides, it will take too long. So, I watch a passing cloud crawl across the horizon (above), and take a number of exposures when I deem the waves pattern on the shore to be right. Then I call it a day. Nothing special in the can, but at least I was out shooting.

It wasn't until I got home and unpacked my gear that I espied the missing filter, nestling in an internal accessory pocket of the camera bag. I had it with me all along, yet I never bothered to look.

You'd think a photographer would be good at that, wouldn't you?

Looking.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/125 second at f/11. Matrix metering. Tripod and remote release. ISO 100



© 2017

No comments: