Gallery

Monday, January 15, 2018

Late afternoon shooting





I nearly didn't bother with today, but the concrete skies of the past week gave way to some stunning late afternoon light, and I wasn't going to let it all go to waste.

The rainbow appeared minutes after I arrived on my local pier, and it is always gratifying to get something in the can early on. After waiting for the shower to pass, it was down to the water's edge for some more snapping. It can be frustrating for the photographer when unwanted elements enter the frame, but this time I decided to use the man with the metal detector as part of the composition.


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor.
Top: 1/250 second at f/8. Matrix metering. ISO 100
Below: 1/320 second at f/8. Matrix metering. + 1 stop EV compensation. ISO 100



© 2018

No comments: