Gallery

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

All I need to know




My location scouting of Salisbury is pretty much complete, and as far as I am concerned I have all the angles of the cathedral at ground level covered. Today's reconnaissance was of a field just north west of Harnham, but the views of my subject are obscured by trees. All this probably explains why nearly all of the images I see taken of Salisbury Cathedral are from the same angles; there aren't any others available. Access to the nearby water meadows would change that radically, so over the coming months I will look into obtaining permission to spend a couple of hours shooting on them.

Of course, I take the obligatory shots of the building while I am in the area, just because I can, because it would be a shame to waste decent light. However, after an hour or so the clouds roll in from the west and (surprisingly for the time of year), it begins to hail. It's at this point that I decide I'm done, and withdraw.


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. Matrix metering. ISO 100

Top: 1/400 second at f/8
Below: 1/250 at f/11



© 2018

No comments: