Gallery

Monday, July 03, 2006

Daily Grind

Daily Grind
Modern technology in action. The new digital camera (no names mentioned, for now) failed on me yesterday evening after only 3 weeks use. It just decided it had had enough, and would not work. I'd resisted the change to digital photography all this time, certain that film was giving me all that I needed, but I succumbed. For the time that the camera worked I was pleased with the way it handled, and the results I was getting, but how can I trust the technology now? Digital SLR's are jam-packed with electronics, just waiting for the right moment to give up the ghost.
I'd used a Nikon F5 for 4 years in all kinds of conditions and it didn't falter once, gave great images and was built like the proverbial...So, it's back to film for the foreseeable future whilst it gets sorted out. Maybe I'll just return to photography the old fashioned way.

Not happy.

No comments: