Gallery

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Little Egret...


Rising before dawn, I decide to head for the river in the hope of early morning mist. The overnight forecast was favourable for this, and I was not disappointed. After a few general shots of the rising sun through mist shrouded trees, my attention was caught by a brief flash of white. At first, I thought it was just a Black-headed gull, but closer scrutiny revealed it was a Little Egret (Egretta garzetta). The bird allowed me to approach to around 70 metres before flying up into a tree, which is when I got the shot. I only managed five frames before it dissapeared out of view. The image was made at 6:50am at Throop weir, on the Dorset Stour.

© 2007

1 comment:

Tom said...

Dear Richard,

I love your work - specially the birds but also the architecture. I'll keep monitoring!

Tom