Gallery

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Boscombe surfers...




Today's plan was to photograph the sunrise with a super-telephoto lens - except that the conditions were not as I was led to believe. At 4:30am the sky was clear, but by the time I was ready to leave the house three hours later, the sky had unexpectedly clouded over.
Sunrise for this time of year at my location (Lat. 50˚ north) is shortly after 8:00am, but cloud on the horizon obscured the event. I did take some token shots once the sun broke over the cloud bank, but by then it was too high for the images I had in mind.
I eventually wandered toward Boscombe pier, where some surfers were active on the west side. This gave me my best photo opportunity of the morning, and although the surf was nothing special I get a number of action shots from my vantage point on the pier head.

300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor with x1.4 TC. 1/1000 second at f/5.6. ISO 400 (all images).

© 2008

No comments: