Gallery

Sunday, October 18, 2009

October sunrise...


Early mornings are now noticeably cooler - more so as the wind is blowing directly from Scandinavia over the weekend - and a hat, gloves and fleece are de rigueur for bike riding (along with streaming eyes - I do wish I could find a way of preventing this during the winter months).
Although sunny conditions are forecast it doesn't look good as I peer out of the window just before dawn, but a gap in the cloud just above the rooftops to the east hints at the chance I will get something.
I have to be quick: this is why my mountain bike is the best photographic accessory I have. It allows me to get into position far quicker than I ever could on foot. As it is I only just make it to the coast in time for the few minutes of dawn light available before the sun climbs above the Isle of Wight and disappears behind the cloud bank. In ten minutes it's all over.

50mm f/1.8D Nikkor. 1/500 second at f/5.6. +0.33 EV. ISO 200.

© 2009

No comments: