Gallery

Monday, June 10, 2013

About (bloody) time...

It has been far too long since I have picked up my camera and gone out to shoot, but at last I have done something about it. For the past five weeks I have been otherwise engaged, mostly with the musical side of my interests, and visiting my friend Nic in Kent, but today I am back to the Dorset Stour and familiar ground, wielding a long lens. Best to get there now, I feel, before the fishermen are let loose once again this coming Saturday when the coarse fishing close season ends.

I have missed out on the majority of the usual early summer opportunities: trees coming into full foliage, and the young of the numerous local waterfowl, so I need to search for something more general for pictorial effect. The lay-off has caused me to loose my photographic 'eye'; something that needs constant practice to maintain, so I confess to being a bit rusty, but the more I shoot and the longer I look, the quicker it returns.

I am out during mid afternoon, and at this time of year - with clear blue skies - the light is just too brutal to be of any use, but by using reflections of bank-side trees in the water I am able to tone-down the harshness of the summer sun and produce something pleasing.



300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor with TC 14-EII converter. 1/1250 second at f/7.1.  - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400. Monopod.



© 2013

No comments: