Gallery

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blink, I did...

Ignoring my own advice (blink, and you'll miss it), I did just that as far as the building of the new temporary south stand at the local football club is concerned. Well, there was a bit more than a blink - two days, to be accurate - and I did realise that there would be little to photograph as the work neared completion, but I put my reluctance to keep a daily record down to the ongoing heat wave we are experiencing in the lower counties of the UK.

We have become accustomed to poor weather here in recent years, especially during the summer months, and we are just not used to it. There is no doubt that it has been more of a help than a hinderance to the building work, and most - if not all - of the workers are sporting very good tans.


The powers that be seem to be certain that the building will be completed by the weekend (as predicted), as a further 2,000 tickets were released for sale, yesterday, and immediately snapped-up, by fans for this Sunday's match against Spanish football giants Real Madrid. I won't be at the game, myself, but I may well take the time to try and photograph them arriving, and capture the pre-match atmosphere with my camera.  In the mean time you will have to make do with two images of workers going about their business and putting the final touches to everything.





24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor.  1/640 second at f/11. ISO 250



© 2013

3 comments:

Spanner said...

Like the second shot :-)

Spanner said...

Ummm no mention of the score then?

Richard Brewer said...

Sorry, I never did get around to posting anything about the match (see above).

Thank you. :-)