Gallery

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Relaxing man



Now that autumn is here I am itching to get out with my camera and start shooting; something I have been doing comparatively little of in recent months. The true colours of the season are yet to show themselves, so I am on the cliff tops of Poole bay, Dorset, in the early evening, armed with a long lens and in search of a subject.

I take a few frames of this; several of that, but nothing to get too excited about. I call it a day, but as the light fades I see this man silhouetted against the afterglow and start to take photographs. He is sat on a bench and talking on his mobile phone, but occasionally raises a bottle to take a drink, and I know I have the shot.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor. 1/50 second at f/2.8. Matrix metering. Vibration Reduction on. ISO 250



© 2017

2 comments:

Nic said...

Brilliant shot! Love it. :)

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you. :-)

It was just one of those moments when the right elements come together.