Gallery

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

(It's) been a long time


There are some subjects that I return to frequently, shooting time and time again, but the last time I took photographs from this spot was in July, 1986. The water meadows at Britford, near Salisbury, are probably not the same ones that John Constable painted in the 1820s, but one thing is for certain, the scene has changed for both of us since either of us visited last.

Trees now largely obscure the view of the cathedral at this location, and I had hoped for better light, but used what I was dealt with on the day. I sepia toned the monochrome conversion, and added the border to 'jazz it up' a touch.



70-200mm f/2.8 EX Sigma lens. 1/320 second at f/4. Matrix metering. Monopod. ISO 100. Sepia toned and border added in Silver Efex Pro 2



© 2018

No comments: