Gallery

Monday, March 04, 2019

Late light



As luck would have it, I was laid up with a virus when what was possibly the last storm of the winter rolled in over the weekend. To be honest I don't think I missed to much in the way of dramatic light, as it merely rained somewhat and the wind blew long and hard.

Today however, was different: the same strong winds, but with broken cloud. Things looked promising and I had recovered enough to venture out to make the most of it. The beach seemed the obvious place to do that.

I almost missed it as by mid afternoon thick cloud covered the sky once again, but having studied the weather satellite images earlier, I was confident of late light. It was just as the sun was setting that the break appeared, and at the same moment it started to rain. Under such conditions it's a struggle to keep the front element of the lens dry, but the few raindrops that did fall on it worked in my favour, creating the starburst effect.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/250 second at f/8. Matrix metering. - ⅔ EV compensation. ISO 2000



© 2019

No comments: