Gallery

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Bournemouth Air Festival - Day 1

Day one of the annual Bournemouth Air Festival, and I make something of a hash with a good few of the subjects. Since I photograph very few air displays I put that down to lack of match fitness: I need a bit of time to sharpen my long lens technique and to get my eye "in".

It's the prop driven planes that caused the problem, and many images just weren't sharp as I juggle shutter speeds: fast enough to freeze subject movement; slow enough to produce prop blur. That, and poor panning. I admit it - I didn't get it right.

The good thing about this particular air show is that it is over four days, and I get more than one bite of the cherry.

Tomorrow will be better.




Royal Navy Black Cat 



Battle of Britain Memorial Flypast



Supermarine Spitfire



Avro Lancaster



Tigers Freefall Parachute Display Team



Super Pitts Muscle Plane






All images: 300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikor with TC-14EII converter. Tripod and gimbal head



© 2019


No comments: