Gallery

Monday, January 25, 2021

Transformation


There's no cloud in the sky whatsoever as I peer out of the window, trying to assess the conditions as the sky begins to lighten in the East, and to whether or not it's going to be worth the trip to the beach. The thermometer is reading -1ºC and there is a severe frost, but I decide that nothing ventured is nothing gained, and march out into the cold darkness.

The fact that there is no cloud at all also means that most seascape photographers won't bother with the location this morning... and I'm right. Apart from one hardy soul that decides to take a swim before the sun appears, I'm the only one there. 

The lack of interest in the sky means I'm scratching around for a composition, trying to find reflections in the sand as the waves ebb and flow, but nothing is working. But once the sun breaks the horizon I have shadows to use, and the scene is transformed.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/250 second at f/8. Matrix metering. - 0.3 EV compensation. 0.9 Lee reverse grad. ISO 200




© 2021

No comments: