Gallery

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Yellow plastic bucket



Another cloudless day is forecast for the south coast, and I set off to the beach well before dawn to see if there's anything worthwhile to point my camera at. I'm carrying two lenses: a wide zoom and a fisheye prime. No cloud at all means I'm going to have to work harder to get anything interesting as a seascape, and an extreme focal length such as the fisheye can sometimes get me out of a hole when inspiration is not immediately forthcoming


The plastic bucket was photographed as found, left behind, no doubt, from activities the day before. It caught my eye from a distance and I swiftly decide it will make a better theme than yet another sunrise shot. I get in low and close, and shoot with a wide(ish) aperture. Unfortunately, I overcooked the use of the filter on the sky, and it impinged on my subject.  

Never mind.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/80 second at f/5. Matrix metering. + 1 stop EV compensation. 0.9 Lee reverse grad. ISO 160




© 2021

No comments: