Gallery

Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Storm Barra (blowy; not many fish around)


Storm Barra - the latest of who knows how many that will hit the country this coming winter - has by and large skimmed the south coast of the UK. Such atmospheric turbulence will often produce dramatic images if the cloud breaks, and having kept a close eye on the Met Office satellite images all morning I decide a visit to a local beach during mid afternoon might prove fruitful.

Annoyingly, I'm unavoidably delayed by half an hour in getting to where I intend to shoot, but that turned out to be an advantage in the end as I'm only getting the tail-end of the storm. Even so, there's a strong sea running up the beach when I arrive, but the wind has dropped noticeably. Crucially, it's not raining, and that means I'm able to keep the front element of the lens dry.


© 2021


 



No comments: