Gallery

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Going viral


It's a phenomenon I've been aware of for many years, and it usually goes as follows: You think you're producing good work but it gets little recognition, but when you just know a performance is mediocre it gets mass acceptance and praise. It's frustrating, but it is exactly what has happened regarding this image.

I took the photograph more or less as a casual snap once I had arrived at the water's edge, and although there was the usual degree of care with the composition, I thought little of it at the time. Processing the file later in the evening, I offhandedly posted it on a local social media site... and it went viral.

Granted, the scene has a bit drama in it, but personally I don't see what all the fuss was about.


© 2022

No comments: