Gallery

Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Blue door


At 5 a.m. today the Met Office web site shows no cloud to the south as far as France. This almost certainly means nothing too photogenic as the sun rises, so my wide-angle lens stays at home in favour of the super-telephoto. Lugging a 300mm f/2.8 lump of glass to the beach (lugging this lump of glass anywhere) is becoming a chore these days, but the hope is I'll get some good images as the sun's orb breaks the horizon over the sea.


I don't. What I'm seeing on the camera's screen as I shoot is anything but exciting, so instead I turn the lens inland to photograph the light - or more accurately - the effects of it. The door is painted blue, but the early direct light of the sun, 12 minutes after it has appeared, changes the colour completely.


 2023

No comments: