Gallery

Monday, January 27, 2020

St Martin cemetery, Ibsley



It's a rainy day, but instead of sitting at home working at a computer screen I decide to check out a location I have in mind in the New Forest.

I'm travelling by bus to get there. This has two advantages: firstly it's more convienient to just hop off at a nearby stop without the worry of where to park the car; and second, walking the rest of the way allows me to see subjects I would otherwise miss.

The church of St Martin at Ibsley, Hampshire, has a cemetery extension adjacent to the 19th century building. It's largely obscured from the main road by trees, but I've been aware of burials on the site for a while. It is only today that I was able to peer through the wooden gates for the first time.

 

24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/20 second at f/11. Matrix metering. 0.9 ND lee grad. Mono conversion and selienium toned in Silver Efex Pro 2. ISO 640



© 2020

No comments: