Gallery

Friday, July 27, 2007

A break in the weather...


It's been a while since I've been able to get out with a camera. The weather in the UK has been unsettled for weeks, with many parts of the country suffering flooding. However, today's dawn was clear, so it was a trip back into the New Forest to get some pony images under early morning light. The problem with photographing these animals, is getting their attention. It's easy to shoot away as they graze for food, but this is not particularly desirable for producing good portraits. They only look up occasionally (usually when I'm maneouvreing into position, thus missing the shot). I need to find a suitable way of getting their scrutiny when I'm ready to shoot, other than clearing my throat (which doesn't work, anyway) or by any other means at my disposal.

© 2007

No comments: