Gallery

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hey...over here...


With further threats of torrential rain and flooding across the UK this weekend, the southern half of Britain promises to have good weather. For the second consecutive day, the dawn breaks with clear skies in the New Forest, so again I take advantage of the light to get shots of the wild ponies.
Having sought, and taken, advice on how to get the attention of these animals, I stand up to my knees in the heather as the sun rises, making all sorts of clicking, whistling and rustling sounds to make them look at me before I shoot. Nothing works. They only look in my direction when I move to get a better angle, or they just raise their heads anyway. Patience is obviously the answer ( I knew that, but short cuts are always welcome). I think they ignore me deliberately.

No comments: