Gallery

Sunday, April 06, 2008

One foal a-leaping...


Today, there was snow in my garden from an overnight fall. It's the first time I've seen snow in this area for nearly nine years, so it was something of a rarity. Of course, once the sun started shining, it all disappeared quickly.

Despite the unseasonable temperatures, I head for the New Forest, hoping that some foals have been dropped during the past week, and this time I strike lucky at my first stop. It took all of five minutes before I stumbled upon a mare and its recently born foal. I get a few insurance shots before the pair move off into deeper forest. I decide against following so as not to cause undue stress, but later the pair re-appear and seem relaxed enough to allow me to spend an hour or so photographing them.

© 2008

1 comment:

Jane Adams said...

He looks a hardy little chat. We need to be in this weather. Great shot in the heather. Jane