Gallery

Sunday, July 20, 2008

What to do next...


This time of year doesn't work for me, from a photographic point of view. After the onset of spring, and the photographing of all that comes with it, I find myself in anticipation of autumn and something more atmospheric. That's not to say that there is nothing to be had during the summer months, but you need to be up early, or stay out late to get light worth using. Today, I try for some inspiration by shooting with a long zoom lens; something I have become less accustomed to over the past few years. Although more flexible than the prime lenses that usually fill my bag, I was surprised at the reduced quality that this lens delivers compared to my normal optics. It's still an OK lump of glass, but can't compare to top-flight lenses in colour and contrast, and needed more work than usual in Photoshop to get acceptable results.
The image, shot at around 7:20 this morning from Southbourne cliffs, shows Boscombe Spa Village beneath its crane, and a cliff lift car in the foreground.

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX lens. 1/2000sec at f/4. ISO 400.

© 2008

No comments: