Gallery

Monday, July 21, 2008

The world-famous Throop cows...


Well, not exactly. Throop, on the Dorset Stour, is more renown for its coarse fishing than its bovine counterpart, but I needed a title...
The image was shot at 6:00am today, just as the mist was being burnt-off by the sun; the cows were the icing on the cake. Contre-jour shots like this always pose exposure problems, and I used 0.6 and 0.9 ND graduated filters together to hold back the tree and allow some detail to be retained in the foreground.

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 lens. 1/350 sec at f/5.6. ISO 200. +0.67 exposure compensation.

© 2008

2 comments:

Jane Adams said...

I know Troop... but that makes it look stunning. A great picture, you must be really pleased with it (I certainly would be). Gorgeous tree as well!

Richard Brewer said...

Thanks, Jane. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, although I intentionally set out for just such images that morning; sometimes it comes together, sometimes not.

RB