Gallery

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hats off to...


Although the new year dawns with a heavily overcast sky I venture out into the great outdoors on the first day of 2009 in search of images to get the year rolling. Having taken numerous photos of various potential subjects, it's on my way home that I come across the discarded party hat of a reveller from the night before. It's my policy not to stage photographs when recording things in the environment, and this is no exception. The hat is as I found it, but to get a suitable angle I draw the odd glance from passers-by as I have to lay flat on the ground to frame the image with some sort of relevant background.

Incidentally, it is 1963 years ago today (46 BC) that Julius Ceaser introduced the 12 month, 365 days - plus a leap year every four years - reformed calender.

50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor. 1/400 second at f/2. ISO 400. -0.5 exposure compensation.

© 2009

No comments: