Gallery

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bovine intervention...


The weather has been on and off for most of the day, alternating between sunny spells and grey cloud, so it was late in the day that I decide to go for a ride.
Packing a basic camera and short zoom lens I cross the entrance of Poole Harbour on the ferry and ride the Rempstone Trail for the first time in several months. It was as I reached the highest point of the old Fayles Tramway that two cows, mooing away at apparently nothing, interrupt my progress: time for some shots.
I'm constantly nonplussed at the wariness these animals show humans - considering their size and weight - and as I approach one of them immediately beats a hasty retreat to a more comfortable distance. The other, however, is somewhat less camera-shy, and allows me to get a number of close-up images. The wide angle lens gives the cow a more comical expression.

18-35 mm f/3.5-4.5 D Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/8. +0.67 EV. ISO 100.

© 2009

No comments: