Gallery

Friday, March 26, 2010

Something in the middle...

I had a couple of hours or so to kill while on business in Christchurch today, so I made an unscheduled visit to Stanpit Marsh. It was late morning when I arrived, so the light was nowhere near its best, but as I had a camera with me I decided to chance a few shots, purely for the sake of it.

As can sometimes (frustratingly) be the case, when the sun broke through the clouds the ponies I was trying to photograph were not well placed, and typically, when several moved into a good configuration the sun had disappeared back behind cloud, lighting just the background.

I wanted to shoot from this particular position as I was using the water as a lead-in line to Christchurch Priory in the distance, and needed something of interest for the middle foreground: the ponies playing an integral part of the composition.
This is the most successful image I was able to produce before business needed attending to.

24-70 mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/640 second at f/11. -0.33EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2010

No comments: