Gallery

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Purbeck Llamas...or are they?



 The Met Office weather forecast has it just about right for the Easter weekend, and the past few days of rain give way to Spring weather, although maximum temperatures are no higher that 11ºC. The season is still off to a slow start, but trees are beginning to blossom, and seasonal flowers are now to be seen by the roadsides on the Isle of Purbeck, Dorset.

For the first time this year, I ride to Corfe Castle, but my usual route is bound to be something of a mire, what with all the recent rain, so I take the alternative route: further to ride, but somewhat drier. Had I not done this, I would not have come across the Llamas (Lama glama), or maybe they are Alpacas (Vicugna pacos) - they resemble each other, and I'm no expert, grazing on Rempstone Farm (photo).

300 mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor and TC-14E II converter. 1/5000 second at f/5.6. -0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2010

No comments: