Gallery

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tiny island...

This morning I decided to chance it: unable to draw any solid conclusions from weather satellite images, plus the fact that the sky was overcast before dawn, I set out on my bike - purely for the exercise if nothing else.
It's during the ride that the cloud begins to break up and the sun begins to shine, creating perfect light as I reach Poole Harbour, Dorset.

 At first there's nothing too inspiring to point a lens at, but with a little perseverance I find some reflections to work with and produce today's photograph, made just before 6am at the North Haven area of Sandbanks. It's intriguing how the grass on the small island survives as it does, considering it is submerged at high tide, though the fact that the harbour gets between six to eight tides a day perhaps plays a significant part.
Obviously hardy stuff.

12-24mm f/4G Nikkor. 1/125 second at f/11. -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 640. 0.9 Grey Grad filter.

© 2010

No comments: