Gallery

Thursday, February 03, 2011

All Saints, West Parley...


For the first time since mid-October I'm able to have the use of my favoured standard zoom. It's a long story - something I'm not going into, here - but I have missed it when shooting. Its stand-in optic was a Sigma variant of the same zoom range and f/stop, but if the truth be told, the Nikkor blows it into the weeds when it comes down to optical quality and colour rendition.

So, to check that all is well, I return to one of the locations that I found earlier in the week: this time with good light. The photograph is of All Saints, at West Parley, Dorset. Situated next to the Stour river, the main part of the church dates back to the 12th century, whilst the current bell turret dates from the late 19th.

Oh, yes: the lens checks out wonderfully.

24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/500 second at f/11. +0.67 EV compensation. ISO 320

© 2011

No comments: