Gallery

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bus stop graffiti...

A crisp winter's day, and I spend a good part of it location searching. This is where a mountain bike is worth its weight: I'm able to follow tracks and paths that's just not possible in a car, and cover a lot of ground while I'm at it.

Today's photograph, however, was taken spontaneously after I spotted the graffiti on the inside of a bus stop, West Parley, Dorset. Whilst not quite a Banksy, it did make me get off of my bike to record the effort. Whether "NINE" is a signature, or a statement, I have no idea.

While local councils take steps to eradicate this sort of activity - in some cases almost as soon as it appears -  there is evidence that the image has been painted-round, so as to preserve it.

24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Sigma lens. 1/250 second at f/4.5. +0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2011

No comments: