Gallery

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring at its best...

Two years ago, I stumbled upon Brenscombe wood, Isle of Purbeck, Dorset, when it was at its finest: light green foliage, and carpeted with bluebells. Last year I returned to the same spot for more images, but was a week or so too early for the full display. I made the mental note to return during the following weeks, but for some reason or other, I never made it.

This year I had the timing; the weather; the full display...only to find the area has now been fenced-off from the public! The well-worn footpath that still crosses the wood is now out of bounds, and a barbed wire fence makes sure of it.

Not to be deterred (I had, after all, cycled thirteen miles to get there) I soon found that suitable angles were still available for some photography. In fact, those responsible for erecting the wire fence provided some convenient supports (fence posts) to steady the camera - an absolute boon in the low light levels - as shutter speeds were slow and apertures were small.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/30 second at f/11. - 0.33 V compensation. ISO 500

© 2011

No comments: