Gallery

Friday, April 12, 2013

Looking on the bright side...

It has been over a week since I posted on here, but certainly not the first time I have used a camera during that time. I am experiencing a lull on the creative side of things at the moment, so much so that I even deleted an entire day's shooting earlier in the week (not too many uninspired shots, to be honest, but gone all the same).

This was not helped by the return of my 70-200mm lens on Tuesday - recently sent for a clean and service; returned clean but not working to specification; returned a  second time, and received again this week only to find that the front ring of the barrel had not been oriented in the correct position during reassembly. The bayonet-mount lens hood would not lock into place properly as a result, rendering the hood useless.

The company did deal with the problem swiftly once I phoned them to complain, and the optic was returned to me within 48 hours of posting. I am still withholding the name of this facility for the moment as I am in the process of claiming the return postage back since none of this was my fault. Whether I will be able to give a positive or negative review now hinges on this alone.

Anyway, the lens in question got a bit of use this afternoon, along the seafront of Poole Bay, Dorset, just to make sea-sure everything is as it should be - and it is. The strong breeze had one or two kite surfers zipping along on the waves, but the moody light of one such operator preparing for the off produced the best image of the day.



70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/2500 second at f/5.6. + 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 320



© 2013

No comments: