Gallery

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

On the beach...

It's a bright day on the south coast, and although temperatures are slowly crawling ever higher it still feels more like winter than spring. I have a couple of hours to fill-in this morning while the car is in the garage for its annual MOT and service (all was well), and what better way to do that than to go for a walk with my camera.

I fancy a bit of telephoto shooting this morning, and wishing to travel light I pick the smaller of the two long lenses I own, but also, on the spur of the moment, add a tele-converter to the bag. More often than not I only use the add-on if I really need to, but today I want to have fun with it.

On reaching the cliff tops along a favourite walk I am immediately presented with the sight of a local kestrel, hovering and flapping on the wind. Unfortunately, it won't come close enough to photograph anything meaningful, and it being positioned so that I am shooting into the light I don't get any shots. However, there is a bit of action  happening on the beach below, and shooting hand-held I produce today's image.





300mm f/4D AF-S Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/3200 second at f/8.  +0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2013


2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

I just want to say thanks. I look at your blog all the time. You keep posting brilliant pictures with hardly any comments about your work. It is beautiful. Please keep it up. I hope you make a brilliant living at this.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Tim. Always nice to nice appreciated.