Gallery

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The twin towers of Reculver...



An imposing landmark on the north Kent coast, the 12th century towers of St Mary's church at Reculver stand on the site of a Roman fort. It is somewhere I had wanted to visit for a long time, although I had no idea about the ruins until the morning that Nic and I decided it would be a good place to visit. My interests were for the connections with the Second World War, and the various tests of the prototype bouncing bomb.

After a stroll along the beach we repaired to the local cafe for coffee and ice cream. An excellent day out as the temperature begins to rise...



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/400 second at f/11. ISO 320



© 2014

2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Incredible. I love the black and white. Also how the entire image is in focus.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Tim. It is nice that you still visit my blog despite the lull in activity.