Gallery

Friday, August 01, 2014

The first display of my season...








































This time last week everything was ready for a night shoot: bag packed; camera pre-set so I don't have to fumble too much in the dark, and the location chosen... but no matter where I looked, I couldn't find my bike lights. As a result, the shoot was called-off and I watched something on TV, instead. Frustrating as it was at the time, I try to be philosophical about such set-backs, and resolved to buy a new set of lights later in the week. I had half expected for the errant lights to suddenly turn up, having bought replacements, but at the time of writing they are still nowhere to be seen.

I could, perhaps, have driven, or even walked, to my chosen spot, but the local summer firework displays are very popular, and finding a parking space is nigh on impossible unless you arrive hours before blast-off. I rule out going on foot for no other reason that the time it would take for me to get there and back.

This week everything on the checklist is present and correct, so shortly after 9 pm I set off in the deepening gloom; (new) lights blazing. The weather forecast does warn of showers, but I'm optimistic. Even the wind remains light. I fire off 45 frames in the ten minutes it takes for the display to run its course and the rain starts.

Same again next week, weather permitting.


80-200mm f/2.8 Apo EX Sigma lens. Bulb setting. f/11. ISO 200. Tripod and remote release



© 2014

No comments: