Gallery

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

East cliff...



Autumn is starting to get a firm grip as the days grow noticeably shorter, bringing with it rain showers and some pretty stiff breezes, especially along the coast. I love it at this time of year before it gets too cold as the light is often spectacular.

I spend an hour or so on Boscombe pier, watching and waiting as the mood constantly changes: shooting when inspired, ducking behind the windbreak for some respite from the constant wind when not. I choose this image of Bournemouth's East Cliff to sum up the afternoon perfectly.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/1250 second at f/8.  - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2014

3 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Hey Rich Brew. I don't comment enough about your photographs. I should. I just want you to know that I never miss a post. Your work is incredible. I almost run out of things to say. The one that showed the faint burst of sunlight through the low gray clouds - a few posts back. I loved that one especially. While it was a low key event, it lifted me. When my wife and I were kids, we called that God Light.
Thanks for your constant love of photography.

Nic said...

Beautiful.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Nic and Tim. The fact you both take the trouble to look is enough, but comments always appreciated. :-)