Gallery

Friday, October 10, 2014

Inspirational aerophones...



One way a photographer can get inspired is to use a different lens, and to be honest I was in need of it. Yesterday's shoot has been consigned to the trash, purely because I had repeated myself from the day before. Yes, it is always different no matter how many times I return to the same location, but I felt the images I got didn't work as I had intended so they had to go.

I decided something a bit extreme was in order, so my fisheye lens was pressed into service with the intention of producing some graphic and dynamic pictures, as with these Tembos aerophones, installed as part of the Musical Trail on Boscombe pier, Dorset. They are considered playground instruments and sounds are produced by striking the mouths of the tubes with rubber paddles. This set is tuned CDEGAC.



10.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye Nikkor. 1/2000 second at f/8.  - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 320



© 2014

No comments: