Gallery

Friday, March 06, 2015

Two birds


Weatherwise it is more spring-like every day, although the temperatures are struggling a bit and barely reach double figures on the Celsius scale. There is, however, glorious sunshine today so I spend the afternoon on a local clifftop shooting whatever takes my fancy. This chap above was flying about; minding his own business, until he saw me with a big lens. After that he spent a good amount of time swooping and diving - as much as a paraglider can swoop and dive - for the camera. He even landed briefly for a chat about where I might publish any good images I get (on here, mate).


There was nothing like as much fuss from the Stonechat that flew in for a few moments before I packed up and headed home. I had hoped that the kestrel would put in an appearance, hence the telephoto lens, but it was not to be.



300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor. Matrix metering. ISO 160
Top: 1/1600 second at f/5.6. - 1 stop EV compensation
Below: 1/1250 second at f/4.5. - 1 stop EV compensation



© 2015

No comments: