Gallery

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Shooting on the marsh



Autumn appears to have skipped rapidly into winter, at least as far as the weather is concerned. Bringing back memories of two years ago, low pressure systems are sweeping in from the west one after the other, bringing heavy rain and strong winds to almost everywhere in the UK. This doesn't stop Nic and I from getting out there, though, shooting familiar locations as well as finding new ones.

The church of St. Thomas à Becket (above) at Fairfield, Romney Marsh, Kent, was first mentioned to me a couple of years ago by a fellow photographer on a local pier, and I have had it in mind as a subject ever since. Unfortunately, the light wasn't forthcoming on this occasion, but I was already thinking in monochrome terms before I took the first frame. 
 


24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/60 second at f/5.6. Matrix metering.  - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400. 0.9 Lee grey graduated filter. Monopod.

© 2015

No comments: