Gallery

Monday, November 02, 2015

Nothing dramatic



Having photographed one of my local - and arguably lesser - piers more times that I like to admit, today I turn my lens on the larger of the two in Poole Bay. Unlike its sister, Boscombe pier, 1.4 miles to the east, Bournemouth pier has been the one maintained and kept in good repair over the years.

The fog that has caused problems with travel over Southern England during the past few days lifted for late afternoon, promising some good light, but it was soon evident that I wasn't going to get anything dramatic. Undeterred, I go about the process of making a photograph, and fish out my strong neutral density filter so I can use some long shutter speeds.

I like the way the setting sun's rays are reflected from the windows onto the sea, itself smoothed out by the long exposure, and the way the people on the shore line have recorded.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 15 seconds at f/11. Matrix metering. x10 ND filter. Tripod and remote release. ISO 160



© 2015

No comments: