Gallery

Monday, October 17, 2016

I needn't have worried



The partial beach replenishment in April, although necessary in order to preserve the coastline, had me worried for a time. With all that extra sand - about 126,000 cubic metres of it - piled up like it was, it eventually dawned on me that low tides might not have the photogenic quality to which I had become accustomed during the winter.

However, wave action over the past seven months has done its job of reducing the beach to a more natural shape; this being taken into consideration by engineers during the planning process. Which is nice, because I have my beach back the way I like it.

  

12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/500 second at f/8. Matrix metering. + 0.7 EV compensation. ISO 160



© 2016

1 comment:

Dane Gardner said...

One of your best Richard,superb low tide image!