Gallery

Monday, October 10, 2016

Thinking about it



Taken from almost the same spot as yesterday's image, but a few minutes later in the day, it illustrates the difference between an impromptu shot and something far more considered. Planned in advance, I used a tripod instead of a make-shift rest, allowing a long shutter speed to be used to blur the waves of the sea; something I wanted as a strong element in the composition. However, with such a long exposure I would never have captured the lone figure on the beach as I did yesterday.

I am not saying that one photograph is better than the other; that would be up to the viewer to decide anyway, but they both have a divergent feel about them, created by a different thought process.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 15 seconds at f/11. Matrix metering. Tripod and remote release. ISO 160.



© 2016

2 comments:

Dane Gardner said...

Great Image,I like the contrast in colours.

Richard Brewer said...

Totally different to the one 24 hours earlier, isn't it? Long exposures add a different quality to the image.