Gallery

Monday, June 03, 2019

Risky, but all in fun



The old photographic adage: 'never use new gear when the chips are down' applies today when I venture into the field armed solely with a camera I'm not entirely familiar with. I've had the Olympus M4/3 camera for a week, yet the sheer scope of what it is capable of still eludes me.

On more than one occasion I'm struggling to figure out how I've changed or moved the auto focus point(s) in the viewfinder from where I want them, and when it comes down to wanting to auto bracket a number of frames for an interior shot, I'm at a total loss. Just as well I wasn't shooting something important.

On the bright side I do get some decent images, as with this view of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, looking west from St Aldehelm's Head.



Olympus OM-D EM-10 Mk III with 14-42mm f/3.5 - 5.6 Zuiko Pancake lens. 1/125 second at f/11. ESP metering. ISO 100



© 2019

No comments: